Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Day 19

July 15, 2013

Today was much better than yesterday. I was supposed to have class from 11:00 – 3:15, but my second class ran until 5:00! Our International Business professor wanted to make up for the day that we lost a while back to watch the Tour de France. It was an interesting class with some group work, but I was so ready to leave school by the end of the day.

Despite the fact that I didn’t have the best Bastille Day, I was happy that I wasn’t hung-over like half of my classmates. I didn’t have an 8:30 class, but apparently a lot of people in the Finance class decided to skip and sleep instead. Our trip leader was also not happy with the events that took place on Bastille Day.

The first time I came to Europe was in 2010, with a group of high students lead by my AP European History teacher, Mr. Rothenberg. At the time Mr. Rothenberg made it clear that even though most of us (17 and 18 at the time) were legal in Europe, he didn’t want us to drink. He said that the point of going to Europe was to learn about the history and culture, not to drink. Despite the fact that I am legal in France (and will be soon in the US), I think about what he used to say all the time. Occasionally it feels like we’re on this trip with a bunch of immature, young teenagers who can’t get their priorities straight.

Because we weren’t able to go out for a nice dinner with Morgan yesterday, six of us went out for a nice dinner and ice cream with her tonight. We had a lot of fun hanging out. I’m glad I’ll get to see her a lot next year, especially because we’re in the same major. 

No comments:

Post a Comment