Monday, July 8, 2013

Day 11

July 7, 2013

We’ve had a bit of a lazy day today. We slept in for a bit and then met some friends to head down to the beach. The streets were packed with people going to the beach, so we ended up walking the main stretch to the beach instead of waiting in a long line for the bus to drive us down the street.

It still amazes me how cold the water is here. My friend who is studying geography mentioned the other day that we’re at about the same latitude as Nova Scotia! The beach was fun, but crowded. We stayed for about two hours before making the trek back home.

Molly and I decided to try to find a pizzeria our professor had told us about near the coast with a great view, but upon further Internet research we found out that it was closed on Sunday nights and Mondays. Instead we decided to try a restaurant at Vieux Port with two of our other friends. They had great pesto pasta and red wine. One of my friends got the pesto gnocchi (which I tried) that was even better than the pasta. It was actually the first time that I’d gone to Vieux Port for a meal, and it’s been so nice to be able to eat outside at restaurants without the horrible humidity that I’m used to back home.

I also found out that one of my new friends is the President of the Communication Studies Society. I wasn’t expecting to become friends with other COM majors on this trip, but it’ll be nice to have a friend in that group next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment