Saturday, June 29, 2013

Day 3

June 29, 2013

Day 3 started off with a trip to an electronic store, Darty, with Molly and 2 girls from our trip that we met last night. One of the girls needed a cheap hair dryer, one needed and charger, and I needed a SIM card for my cell phone. We had to be back at our hotel by 1:30 for a bus tour and we were pushing it for time. It was taking forever for them to set up my SIM card, so Molly and I told the other 2 girls to go back to the hotel so we all wouldn’t be late for the tour. Eventually we got my SIM card and Molly and I had enough time to jog back to the pavilion by the hotel, buy a quick lunch, and be in the lobby by our scheduled time.

Our bus tour was one of the highlights of the day. It lasted from 2:00 – 5:00 and we got to see sites like Notre-Dame de la Garde, Palais Langchamp, and the Vieux Port (the Olde Port). We got some great pictures, and it made us want to spend some more time exploring the different parts of the city. Marseille is twice the landmass of Paris, so we’ve got a lot of ground to cover.

When we got back from the tour we were pretty hungry. We found a bigger grocery store a few blocks away from the hotel that we stopped in to get a few things and then went to a pizzeria on the main boulevard.

In France, water is often more expensive than wine. On the first night I paid 3,50 Euros for water at a restaurant, and only 2,50 for a glass of wine. Because it’s more economical and because I’m visiting France, I’ve been trying to find a wine that I actually like. I’ve tried white wine (hated it), rose (could handle it a little more), but tonight I tried red wine. The red wine is my favorite one by far. Hopefully I’ll find some specific types of wine that I really enjoy by the end of the trip.

Molly had wanted to go to the beach to see the sunset, but we didn’t quite make it there tonight. Instead we’ve been hanging out in our room, chatting, uploading photos, and trying to fix our phones. I need to figure out how to put money on my SIM card, though for the time being I seem to be able to text Sarahanne in Switzerland just fine.

Tomorrow we’re going to Cassis with our group and I can’t wait to see the calanques! 

No comments:

Post a Comment